LIHI Certificate #77 - Winooski 8 Hydroelectric Project, Vermont
The Winooski 8 hydroelectric project is located in E. Montpelier, Vermont, on the site of a dam originally constructed in 1908. The project was reconstructed in 1985 and has an installed capacity of 930 KW. Annual energy production has averaged 3,500,000 KWH. The intake and powerhouse are an integral structure, housing three submersible adjustable propeller turbines, driving induction generators, together with associated hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
The Winooski No. 8 Project consists of:
- Concrete gravity dam 227-feet-long with a maximum height of 26-feet (29.3-feet with flashboards);
- A seven acre impoundment with a capacity of 34 acre-feet at elevation 613.5 feet MSL;
- A 200-foot long 7-foot diameter fiberglass penstock ;
- A 750-square-foot concrete powerhouse containing three turbines with a combined installed capacity of 930 KW; and,
- A 5,000-foot long13-kv transmission line.
|Project Name||Winooski No. 8|
|LIHI Certificate No.||77|
|LIHI Certificate Term||February 28, 2016 - February 28, 2021|
|Owner||Winooski Hydroelectric Company|
|Location||Located at river mile 59.7 on the Winooski River in East Montpelier, Washington County, Vermont|
|Installed Capacity||0.89 MW|
|Average Annual Generation||3,500 MWh|
|FERC No.||P-6470 issued 1983, expires 2023|