Current and Upcoming Activities:
- Renewable Energy Markets REM 2018, Houston, Texas – October 9-10, 2018
LIHI is proud to be supporting REM 2018. The event, which is co-sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, will host over 400 clean energy decision makers and offer ample opportunity for deal making and networking, giving you a ringside seat for energy policy discussions. LIHI Executive Director, Shannon Ames, will be speaking on “Measuring Impact in the Voluntary Markets” on the October 10th.
Innovative Fish Passage Workshop, Portland, Oregon – October 16 & 17, 2018In conjunction with the Innovative Fish Passage Workshop, the Low Impact Hydropower Institute will be hosting a Hydropower Forum where panelists will share thoughts on development and operations common not only to LIHI Certified facilities, but all hydropower businesses. Subjects will include risk management, regulatory issues and environmental stewardship. A networking social will be held after the forum on the first day of the workshop.
- LIHI is supporting research on hydropower operations and environmental flow being conducted by the University of California, Merced. Owners and operators of LIHI Certified hydropower projects are encouraged to review the linked information and take the survey.
Past Events and Resources:
- Shannon Ames, LIHI Executive Director presented “Low Impact Hydropower Certification – Sustainability 101” at the North Shore Technology Council Sustainability Forum Luncheon on Thursday, May 10th in Beverly, MA.
- LIHI held its first ever regional Hydropower Forum in Boston on February 8, 2018. View summary and presentations.
- Read Mike Sale’s and Dana Hall’s report “The LIHI Experiment: Certifying “Green” Hydropower since 1999” (Sale-Hall Proceedings Paper 7-20-16 final), presented by Mike Sale at Hydrovision, 2016.
- LIHI was featured on a webinar panel presented by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) on Tuesday, February 2, 2016. The webinar, presented by CESA’s State-Federal RPS Collaborative, explores the role and treatment of hydropower in RPS across the country. Click here to view
- Renewable Energy Markets for Hydropower: Fact or Fiction? by Dana Hall presented on the Renewable Energy Markets panel discussion at HydroVision International 2015.
- For a presentation on the LIHI program and the role in green markets, please watch Low Impact Hydropower, a Pathway to Green Markets from the Center for Resource Solutions on Vimeo.