The Certification Program Director at the Low Impact Hydropower Institute (LIHI) will manage the organization’s low-impact certification program. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Certification Program Director will interface with potential applicants and existing certificate holders, provide technical expertise with regard to completing applications, be responsible for accurate certificate condition tracking and fee setting. The Director will manage a team of independent consultants who review applications and provide reports to the Director. The Director will be responsible for assigning applications, managing workflow and recruiting new consultants. In addition, the Director will work with other LIHI staff to ensure timely and accurate material filing, billing, annual compliance, review of compliance reports. Finally, the Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Technical Committee to review applications, LIHI policies and procedures, update the LIHI Certification Handbook and criteria, and provide information for budget formation and tracking. Overall, the Certification Program Director will play a strategic role within the organization.
This is a full-time position with generous paid time off. Salary commensurate with experience.
The location is flexible. Regular travel to Lexington, MA is required.
Accepting Applications through June 15, 2017
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate the LIHI certification requirements and processes, and how they fit with LIHI’s mission and strategies
- Communicate with potential applicants to explain application process and criteria
- Provide feedback to potential applicants on project eligibility
- Conduct review of application materials for adequacy
- Assign independent reviewers to application files, manage reviewers, negotiate reviewer fees, conduct quality control over timely completion of review reports
- Determine application and condition fees for applicants, work with other LIHI staff to ensure accurate billing
- Assess application queue for management and budget planning
- Conduct application reviews where and when appropriate
- Other activities include: represent LIHI at conferences (including speaking); interface with LIHI board (both governing and advisory); help test and develop LIHI’s online application form
- Other projects as requested by the Executive Director
- Bachelors degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred – engineering; hydrology; etc.
- 7+ years experience in related field, sufficient to understand the impacts and mitigation options available in today’s industry
- Experience in the hydropower industry, preferably in FERC processes and environmental compliance
- Commitment to environmental protection
- Demonstrated high performance working in an area where teamwork is essential
- Commitment to accuracy and transparency
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills – ability to manage complex processes with accuracy and transparency
- Customer service oriented
Cover letter and resume or CV should be sent to Shannon Ames, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application for Certificate Program Director – [your last name]” in the subject line.